What song will you pick for that special moment with your mom on your wedding day?
“Have you asked you mom what song she would like to dance to with you?”
When a groom tells me he doesn’t know what this Mother/Son Dance song is going to be, the above question is one I always ask.
If your reply to that question is, “no,” then I need you to stop reading, pick up your phone and text, call, Facebook message or Snapchat your mom and ask her.
First, she will love the fact you are connecting with her. Second, if you are Snapchatting her, your mom is awesome and so with the times.
If both of you are still perplexed, take a look at these songs I have played at past weddings.
- Beatles - In My Life
- Boyz II Men - Song for Mama
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Dianne - Senora
- Jennifer Lopez - Let’s Get Loud
- Kenny Rogers - Through the Years
- Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
- Minnie Rippington - Loving You
- Neil Diamond - When You Wish Upon a Star
- Rascal Flatts - My Wish
Each year Mobile Beat Magazine releases a comprehensive list of popular songs that are being played at weddings throughout the United States. Here is a copy of that guide for you to download for free.
Also, here are some websites that offer even more suggestions.
- Popsugar: Wedding Music Ideas For the Mother-Son Dance
- Bridal Guide: Songs for the Mother-Song Dance
- The Knot: Mother-Son Wedding Song Ideas
Other Posts You May Be Interested In
Justin Kanoya is a wedding DJ based in San Diego. He has served as a DJ and host of more than 300 weddings over the past decade and is a recommended vendor at some of San Diego's finest wedding venues, including the Hotel del Coronado and the Lodge at Torrey Pines.