What song will be played for this special moment with your dad?
“Have you asked you dad what song he would like to dance to with you?”
When a bride tells me she doesn’t know what her Father/Daughter Dance song is going to be, the above question is one I always ask.
If your reply to that question is, “no,” then I need you to stop reading, pick up your phone and text, call, Facebook message or Snapchat your dad and ask him -- well never mind about Snapchat, you Dad probably isn’t on it.
Either way, he will love the fact you are connecting with him and you never know, he may have had song in mind ever since you two danced for the first time in your childhood home living room.
If both of you are still perplexed, take a look at these songs I have played at past weddings.
- Bob Carlisle - Butterfly Kisses
- Brandon Heath - Love Never Fails
- Celine Dion/Josh Groban - The Prayer
- Darius Rucker - It Won't Be Like This For Long
- Edwin Mcain - Walk With You
- Frank Sinatra - The Way You Look Tonight
- George Strait - Love Without End
- Kenny Chesney - There Goes My Life
- LeAnne Womack - I Hope You Dance
- Lionel Ritchie - Three Times a Lady
- Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World
- Michael Buble - The Way You Look Tonight
- Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole - Unforgettable
- Temptations - My Girl
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
- Van McCoy - The Hustle
- Heartland - I Loved Her First
Each year Mobile Beat Magazine releases a comprehensive list of popular songs that are being played at weddings throughout the United States. Here is a copy of that guide for you to download for free.
Also, here are some websites that offer even more suggestions:
- The Knot: Father/Daughter Wedding Song Ideas
- BVT Live: Father/Daughter Dance Songs of 2016
- Martha Stewart Weddings: Father/Daughter Dance Songs For Your Wedding
- Bridal Musings: Top 20 Of The Best Father/Daughter Dance Songs Ever
Other Posts You May Be Interested In
Justin Kanoya is a wedding DJ based in San Diego. He has served as a DJ and host of more than 300 weddings over the past decade and is a recommended vendor at some of San Diego's finest wedding venues, including the Hotel del Coronado and the Lodge at Torrey Pines.