Fitbit, the leader in wearable fitness trackers, has been rolling out new products in the past year, and just this week announced upgrades to two of its most popular products, Flex and Charge/Charge HR.
Here’s a brief overview:
Fitbit Charge 2
The updated version of the Charge/Charge HR has PurePulse® heart rate tracking, and now features an enhanced exercise experience, new health and fitness tools, the smart notifications (such as text message and call notifications right on your wrist). The new design with it’s larger display, is reminiscent of the sleek Fitbit Alta, but a bit heftier and dare I say, more "manlier." Like Alta, Charge 2 has the ability to interchange bands that easily let you go from a workout to a night out.
SRP $149.95; packaged with one of these classic fitness band colors; black, blue, plum or teal
Additional bands for purchase include:
- Classic fitness accessory bands in four colors, sold separately ($29.95)
- Luxe premium leather accessory bands in blush pink, brown and indigo ($69.95)
- Special edition series in gunmetal and rose gold coming soon ($179.95)
Fitbit Flex 2
Flex was my first daily wear fitness tracker and it’s great to see an updated version of what I would call Fitbit’s “base model.” The first version was essentially a fancy pedometer, with an unreliable clasp that I always worried would fall off. In fact, I’ve known more than a few people who lost theirs.
Flex 2 is completely redesigned and reengineered - including a much more secure clasp. It’s an ultra-slim, first-ever swim-proof fitness wristband featuring a removable tracker that transforms with classic bands, elegant bangles or pendants, allowing you to effortlessly track all-day activity, exercise and sleep in a style that’s all your own.
The fashion accessories are really where Flex 2 outshines every other fitness wearable, even within Fitbit’s own product line. Users can choose from a range of luxe, premium mirror-finish bangles in silver stainless steel, and 22k-plated gold or rose gold stainless steel, or elegant lariat-style necklaces in silver stainless steel or 22k-plated gold stainless steel for an elevated look that fits seamlessly into everyday life. Tracking 10,000 steps has never looks so stylish.
SRP: $99.95 packaged with one of these classic fitness band colors; black, lavender, magenta or navy
Additional accessories for purchase include:
- Classic fitness accessory bands in seven on-trend shades of black, blush pink, gray, lavender, magenta, navy and yellow, coming soon and sold separately ($14.95)
- Classic 3-pack fitness accessory band hues in Pink (blush pink, lavender and magenta) and Sport (gray, navy and yellow) coming soon ($29.95)
- Bangle accessory in gold, rose gold ($99.95) and silver stainless steel ($89.95)
- Pendant accessory in gold ($99.95) and silver stainless steel ($79.95)