Fitbit announced inside and out upgrades to the Flex and Charge, two of its most popular fitness trackers this week. The new devices, simply named Fitbit Flex 2 and Fitbit Charge 2, were unveiled at recent media events in New York and San Francisco.
I had the opportunity to DJ the San Francisco event, making it the second product launch event I partnered with Fitbit on. In February I was on hand for the launch of Fitbit Alta.
In San Francisco, the event took place on August 25, 2016 at The Battery, a boutique hotel and private social club. It was divided into two sessions, each attended by approximately 25 members of media from technology, fitness, network and fashion publications, websites and TV outlets.
After a product overview of both of the new devices, including updates to other products in Fitbit's existing product line, the attendees were brought outside to the Battery rooftop for a 20 minute workout led by former professional beach volleyball player and fitness expert, Gabby Reece.
It was a fun experience for me to put together her setlist, which had a lot of old school hip-hop requests coupled with current tunes. She was awesome to hang with and I was honored to have the chance to meet her.
Here’s a look at the setlist I played for both sessions.
- T.I. - Bring Em Out
- DMX vs Jackal - Ruff Ryders Anthem (Kaos Animal Style Bootleg)
- Terror Squad - Lean Back
- Jay-Z - I Can't Get With That (DJ Clark Kent Version)
- Fetty Wap f./Snoop Dogg - Westside (Promo Only Quick Edit)
- Fetty Wap, Monty - 679 (Street Tracks Remix)
- V.I.C. - Wobble
- Iggy Azalea - Team (Promo Only Quick Edit)
- Dr Dre ft Snoop Dogg & Kurup & Nate Dogg - The Next Episode (DJCiRCLE K & DJ Jay2 Bpm Supreme West Coast Blend)
- Dr. Dre ft Snoop Dogg - Nuthin' But A G Thang
- Drake f./Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
- Selena Gomez ft ASAP Rocky - Good For You (Caked Up Remix)
- House of Pain - Jump Around
- Rob Base & DJ E Z Rock - It Takes Two
And what about the news on the new devices? Read all about it in this brief overview I put together.